Thursday, November 15, 2007

Cranky old bitches

No offense, but today I am pissed off. I work temp. in the legal department at a state-supported institution here in NC. There are 2 attorneys, a secretary, and me -- 3 women and 1 man. The General Counsel is 60-something, single, wears a bad wig, does no work, is in the early stages of alzheimer's, and last week she smelled like fish. The secretary is 44, just got engaged after 6 years, doesn't want children, has her MBA, and is a conniving bitch. The Assistant Legal Counsel graduated the same year I did and is easy to get along with. I don't trust him farther than I can see him though. I make more money than all of them except for the old lady. I drive a better and newer car than all of them. I am skinnier than all of them. That's a recipe for disaster, and disaster struck a month ago when in a fit of jealousy, the secrerary lied on me to the boss. Ever since then, life here has been hell. Today, in my weekly meeting with fish lady, she tells me that she is not going to extend my temporary term. This after she gave me more assignments to finish today. She will not be here next week, and my term expires on the 30th. I wish I would do another drop of work for her. There are so many completed projects that she hasn't even reviewed. So, now in the midst of studying for the bar again and everything else I have to deal with, I now have to search for a new job which likely means I will have to move since job opportunities here are slim to none. By moving, I mean moving back home with mom and dad until I can rent or sell my condo and find a place to live in Raleigh.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ever thought of leaving the state?