Monday, November 19, 2007

Big Lots

My co-worker and I are both in LD relationships and our significant others live in the same city. Well, as I have mentioned before, my co-worker and I get along well because we have similar educational backgrounds and are only 1 year apart in age. So, he just bought a house and his girlfriend just bought a townhouse. Well, while visiting my boyfriend this weekend, I was in Big Lots (a store I can't believe he was in b/c he insists that he is high class and only buys expensive things) sitting down (because I HATE all types of shopping). I look up and who is there? My co-worker and his girlfriend. We caught each others' eye, smirked, and he walked away. He did not want me to meet his girlfriend. So, what did I do? I got up, got my boyfriend and marched right on over to my co-worker and his girlfriend. She looked me up and down wondering who the hell I was. I introduced my boyfriend to them and my co-worker just stood there. So, I introduced myself and told her how much I'd heard about her (to make her feel better). I say all of this for one simple reason. I want to know why guys lie, and why they don't think they're lies will catch up to them.

I get into work today and he said his girlfriend was angry over the meeting because apparently I'm not ugly like he said I was or black like he said I was. I guess she now has reason to be insecure about our relationship. That's a relationship that doesn't exist. I talk to him to pass the time away at work and that's it. I would never call him up because I know she would be mad, and if the shoe were on the other foot, I would be too.

2 comments:

Blonde Blogger said...

OMG, I would have done the same thing....men are ridiculous!!!!

Good luck to you this time around!!

RaisedFromAshes said...

Wow, sounds like your coworkers relationship won't last too long. Good for you for not enabling his lie (lying by omission - awful)!