Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Is some job better than no job?

Well, I made it to the gym last night for the first time in months. It was actually quite refreshing. I still feel guilty for being gone all day at work and then leaving my baby, Noah, at home alone again. Even when no one else is, he's happy to see me.

I also had a telephone interview this morning at a law school for the position of a Development Coordinator. Although it's a 3rd tier law school, it consistently boasts a 97-100% pass rate on the NC bar exam. I figured that would be great since I'm gonna try for the NC bar again in July. Any remote excitement was zapped away when I was told that the starting salary was $25,000. I almost choked. That's less than I made when I took a job as a police telecommunicator (and was living rent free w/ my parents) after failing the bar the first time. I guess my job hunt is still on.

No comments: