Thursday, November 8, 2007

BarBri = CHA CHING


Man, oh man, BarBri is a money making machine. I already knew that they were overpriced, but imagine my surprise when I went looking for used Ga. BarBri materials. Fortunately I was able to find a heck of a deal. I got all of the books in good condition (handouts already done) for $475. All in all it cost me less than $500 when you add shipping. So, when the materials arrived, like any student on the first day of class or any dieter on the first day of a diet, I was pumped and ready to go. I opened the book and WHAT?!?! These are the EXACT same handouts I got 1 1/2 years ago when studying for the NC Bar Exam. What a scam! I would have been pissed if I'd paid full price. And why are we paying so much if they're just reproducing the same handouts for every state over several years? How much money do they really need? Multiply (+/-) $2000 x 80,000. Even if every new graduate doesn't take BarBri, we still have repeaters, Attorneys, etc. Either way you cut it, the math turns out the same. It costs too damn much.

No comments: