Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Stress

OK, it's official. The stress of everything is getting to me. I sat down and made a list of all of the things that I feel I need to do and it is overwhelming. I can feel the stress all in my body. All I want to do is sleep and wake up with "esq." behind my name. I honestly feel that I deserve it. I know way more than those who have passed and would make one hell of a lawyer. I constantly wonder how everyone else put all the stresses aside for 2-3 months and accomplished their goal of passing the bar. What did they do that I'm not doing?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel! Reading your other posts, it looks like you have a lot going on, and handling it all can be so overwhelming, I'm sure. I generally deal with stress by crying - a lot. One thing that really helped with stress was trying to avoid other people who are also studying (i.e. not go to the library, avoid "those" coffee shops, etc). Seems like you might be hard-pressed to do that, though, if you're taking Barbri. But - you can do this!!! At this point, it's not about learning the material, it's just trying to figure out how to best present it to the examiners. You lost weight, are surviving a LDR, and have had the determination and motivation to do those very very very difficult things - Feb *will* be your month :) I can't completely relate to your stressful situations, but you are not alone.

RaisedFromAshes said...

Oh, wow, if only we could wake up and "esq." would be behind our names. Ahhh. Actually, the University of Colorado has already done it for me. They put esq. on my alumni association card. It makes me feel bad that I don't really deserve that title, just yet.
I noticed from your last post that you hadn't been to the gym in a while. My (unsolicited) advice is to go regularly. I can't deal with ANYTHING without regular exercise! It also helps me to focus. Hang in there, friend!