Monday, November 26, 2007

Post-Thanksgiving Ordeal


So, we always spend Thanksgiving with my mom's side of the family, but this year my dad's mom and grandmother decided to invite themselves to the festivities also. My grandmother knows that I don't care for her so we stay out of each other's way. Well, I'm already stressing over the bar, finding a new job, and buying a car. 3 years ago I started on my journey to losing weight. I lost it, and was happy with myself. Now with all of the stresses, I find myself stress eating. I still wear the same size -- 6 -- and am not overweight by any stretch of the imagination. I have noticed I've gained a few pounds though. The thing is that when you have struggled with weight, the last thing you need to hear is someone putting you down. While my great grandmother insisted that I had lost weight and was perfect, my grandmother, whose presence I was in 3 whole times in 3 days, disagreed. She repeatedly felt the need to say that I wasn't skinny and that she didn't know why people kept saying that I was. In fact, that was all she said to me all weekend, except for hello.

This has triggered something in me so today I vowed to go back to the gym and start following Dr. Phil's plan again. I know my boyfriend and mom will be on my case b/c they thought I was too skinny in the first place but it's something I have to do. Losing 6 pounds would be ok, but 10 would be great and lower than I've ever weighed. This is just another obstacle in my way.

No comments: