Wednesday, February 13, 2008

time is flying

So, I haven't been on much lately. That's because I've been working (thankfully we've been limited to 40 hours per week) and trying to study. I feel that I'm at an ok place. Done with all the essay topics except ST and Comm. Paper -- halfway through each of those, but they haven't been tested on in years. Don't want to leave any leaf unturned though. Haven't really progressed through the MBEs. I've done 100 torts and 100 Evidence. 0 Con Law and 0 Property. I'm kicking but in Crim and doing well in E, but was disappointed with my 54% in torts, my favorite subject.

Work was supposed to end yesterday but they called a few of us in today. Don't know what that means. I've made flash cards for Civ Pro which is really helping and a great way to study at work. I also finally opened my MBE flash cards from PMBR which I've had for 2 years! I haven't booked a flight or hotel for the exam although I found a roundtrip flight for $150 yesterday. I supppose I will do that today and my mom said price doesn't matter for the hotel since I'm going all by myself. I asked my boyfriend to go with me but he can't get off of work. It's probably for the best. He can watch the dogs and I can be 100% sure that I won't get in an argument with anyone. The only thing that scares me is being in a big city by myself while taking the bar exam. There seems to be tons of hotels within 2-6 mi. of the testing center and airport so as long as I can get from the airport to the hotel to the testing center, I should be fine.

Getting ready to go to work. Hope to write more soon. Good luck to all, esp. repeaters!

1 comment:

icadle said...

I may have misunderstood, but I thought you were taking the Ga exam which is in Atlanta. The courtyard Marriot is good there. That's where my wife and I stayed when we took it. Also, the best tip anyone ever gave me about actually taking the exam was as follows: You probably will not be able to sleep, but do the best you can to lay there with your eyes closed and be very still.

I swear I couldn't sleep a wing but I got enough rest to make it through.

Good luck!!