Sunday, January 13, 2008

T-44 days

44 days until the bar exam and I'm feeling anxious. I haven't gotten through all of the topics yet nor have I started any practice essays or MBEs. I feel like I still have enough time though. My plan is to finish getting through the lecture handouts by the 26th. That'll give me a month to focus exclusively on doing practice tests. It's very doable. I only have a few more lecture handouts to get through, but they're the hardest ones...commercial paper, property, crim. pro., K, trusts, and secured transactions. Today is going to be devoted to K and tomorrow crim. pro. The hardest part of this all is working a 45-50 hour work week. Fortunately we can listen to music at work so I've been listening to the PMBR CDs on my ipod.

I'm feeling positive though b/c it has finally hit me that I can't do this again. Well, I will in July, but hopefully it'll be less stressful b/c I'll already have "Esq." behind my name.

I often wonder how far along everyone else is in this process.

3 comments:

Midwesterner (Previously) in D.C. said...

I'm with you....the clock keeps ticking as the big days approach!

I'm retaking BarBri here in D.C. since there are some different essay topics compared to when I took it last summer in my home state.
So far, I'm still on the paced schedule, or pretty close to it. I'm working right around 40 hours a week and then at class from 6-10 pm, so there isn't much time to get things done during the week. I have been listening to the PMBR lectures via iPod as I ride the Metro to work, which has been helping.
Keep at it- We're on track!

Blonde Blogger said...

You are totally on track.....I am working too, as is everyone else I know....;-) You are gonna totally rock this thing...

RaisedFromAshes said...

I nearly had a meltdown yesterday as I realized how quickly the test is approaching. I almost quit my job over it. I have this amazing bar review course that I am using and am only using about half the tools available to me. I am taking off between January 25 and the bar exam. Phew! We can do it! Just keep on going, and most of all, believe in yourself!